Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Go Green Week: A Song for St. Patrick's Day

It's Tuesday time for our second installment of "GO GREEN WEEK"

How do you present songs at your library programs?

Do you have a projector?
An ipod?
A Smartboard!!!



If you are me, you have don't have any of these things! :(

Low-tech is a nice way to describing my storytime set up (and our library for that matter) I used to hand out little storytime booklets with all our songs and books we read.  But it's hard to wrangle a toddler, read and sing at the same time. To not waste any more paper, I ditched them.

I make big song sheets instead. I don't even have one of those nice stands to hang them one, so they rest on the back of my big book stand supported by some cardboard. When you don't have the resources I guess you have to make up for it with pluck!


The song Five Little Leprechauns cam from this awesome post over at Literary Hoots
It's a "Five Little Piggy" song so it has appeal for a wide variety of ages not just babies and toddlers.
The clip art comes from Phillip Martin's site. There is tons of free clip art for all sorts of subjects.

Coming up tomorrow: The Color Green Storytime

No comments:

Post a Comment