Saturday, September 13, 2014

September Displays

After having the library covered in robots, gears, and science experiments for Fizz Boom Read for the past few months, fall has come and it's time to change the displays.

  
This fabulous display was done by my co-worker, the only other member of my department who graciously helps me with displays. Isn't it beautiful?  She modestly protest her creativity saying she found the idea on Pinterest but her execution is lovely! Simple yet eye catching. You can't really tell from this angle but the letters are 3-D. I told her she should make bigger ones to put on display permanently. Plus she is also the master of putting up paper without air bubbles, or tears.

Another nod to the nostalgic films of the 90's I watched 10 more times than I should have. This quote is from "The Pagemaster" which some people loath, but it holds a special place in my heart (Please note if you have a plush doll of the Fantasy character from this film lying around your attic, please email me so I can complete my collection!)

We used to have big posters with summer reading icons and graphics made up, which I loved because they covered the boards and looked great with little fuss. What irks me about these bulletin boards is we rarlely have a meduim in house to cover them completly. Our background paper and our paper from out long format printer is often too short. So I used a different program to create these posters that anyone can use even if you don't have a large printer poster.

(Yes with a very cheeky sounding name)
Basically this FREE site will change any images into a large piece of wall art. You determine the size. You can have it enlarged or rasterbated them which converts them into little dots. If you got up close to these posters, you would see all the little dots. I determined the size and had them print out at 3mm which is the smallest you can go. You can use the images' original color, black and white or make up your own. It prints out on regular 8.5 x11 copy paper and then assembly is required.

It took me almost a whole day to print, cut, aline, tape, reinforce and assemble all of these. They used about a 20-24 pieces of paper each, so check in case you have a paper ration enforced in your library. Can you guess who is featured? It's pretty easy. (Some of my co-workers didn't have a clue and I judged them for it. Seriously?)

Banned Books Week Displays coming in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment