Thursday, October 1, 2015

Storytime from the Liberry: Look Your Best

This storytime is a combination of getting dressed and bath time themes.




Welcome Song: The Wheel on the Bus

Welcome: Our Ready to Read Skill this Week is Reading

Book: Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? by Nancy White Carlstrom. An oldie but a goodie!

Song: One Two, Buckle My Shoe

Book: Animal Baths by Bob Banner. The last pages go through all the actions of animals covered in the book and is a good segue into a motion activity for your group. Or you can always skip it if the crowd isn't feeling it.

Flannel Board: Five Elephants in the Bathtub You can download a template for this flannel song here you make up your own

Book: Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin

Dancing Song: Shake Your Sillies Out

Book: Small Elephants Bathtime by Tatyana Feeny- A new book just published this year. I read another one of her titles and they are pretty cute. As a small detail, I appreciated the typography in this book.

Craft: Decorate a Shoe- Just like Pete, the toddlers decorated their own white shoes in whatever color they wanted. We used markers and yes I punched the holes laced, and tied every single craft I handed out. I told the grown up that I wasn't expecting the toddlers to know how to tie their shoes at this stage in their development, but a lacing craft was good practice for them and their fine motor skills.

Craft Template from ZiggyZoom

Somehow my theme accidentally became heavy on the elephant theme. So might use some of these books again if I want to do an elephant storytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment