Saturday, February 1, 2014

Febraury Displays

A somewhat slow Saturday at the liberry. We've just come out of another round of polar vortex and school being closed for two days. Today's its a balmy 37 so everyone is out in enjoying the day! (probably wearing shorts, it is Ohio)

Perfect day for setting up new displays!
Since no old men are snoozing the chairs in front of the teen end caps...



Get "Matched" with a Good Book

Valentine's Day made this a no brainer. A great idea is the "Go on a blind date with a book" but we just did wrapped books for Christmas. I made up match.com profiles for the currently popular teen characters from books (Hunger Games, Divergent, The Fault in Our Stars) My color scheme kinda of matches The Fault in Our Stars coincidentally.  I also had to do some research see what a match.com profile actually looks like, since I've never used an online dating service!




Here is a great Pinterest board full of "Go on a Blind Date with a Book" ideas



Storytime Board for Winter

Read! Reach for the Stars

We had a precut background of stars and I still can't get it up without a wrinkle! The large stars I did on the computer and printed out on our poster printer in light yellow. The rest of the decorations were hand cut from white construction paper.

We are in the process of designing a new library, and as much as I love art and displays, I've made the plea to please not have so many bulletin boards. Or at least a more cleaner background (like cork or just plain white) instead of this ugly industrial grey. 

I just want an easier way to install my displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment