Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Popularity List


From NYT, Contmeplating Obama's Place in History.

This is the list I'm working from. The 43 men I'd like to know better. (Don't tell my husband)
Read the article as the author Nate Silver does a far better job of explaining it than I ever could.

Do I agree with all these rankings? Of course not! I'm already not a be fan of Woodrow Wilson. Nor do I idolize Kennedy or Reagan like some of the folks in the generation before me. What ever you think of George W. Bush is fine, but I think he should defiantly be ranked above about the likes of John Tyler. As presidents go, I admire the great ones but also take a liking to the overlooked and forgotten. The underdog presidents.

You probably don't agree with this list either. That's okay.



  1. Abraham Lincoln
  2. Franklin D. Roosevelt
  3. George Washington
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
  5. Thomas Jefferson
  6. Harry Truman
  7. Woodrow Wilson
  8. Dwight D. Eisenhower
  9. John F. Kennedy
  10. Ronald Reagan
  11. James K. Polk
  12. Lyndon B. Johnson
  13. Andrew Jackson
  14. James Monroe
  15. James Madison
  16. John Adams
  17. Barack Obama
  18. Bill Clinton
  19. William McKinley
  20. John Quincy Adams
  21. Grover Cleveland
  22. George H.W. Bush
  23. Ulysses S. Grant
  24. Gerald Ford
  25. William Howard Taft
  26. Jimmy Carter
  27. Calvin Coolidge
  28. Chester A. Arthur
  29. Richard Nixon
  30. James A. Garfield
  31. Martin Van Buren
  32. Rutherford B. Hayes
  33. Zachary Taylor
  34. Benjamin Harrison
  35. Herbert Hoover
  36. John Tyler
  37. Millard Fillmore
  38. George W. Bush
  39. Andrew Johnson
  40. William Henry Harrison
  41. Warren G. Harding
  42. Franklin Pierce
  43. James Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment